Sunday, January 13, 2013

Facing our Giants

So many great quotables from the movie, Facing the Giants, that we watched last night. 

I can relate to this statement by coach Grant Taylor when I relate it to what God has done for Harmony Acres recently.... 

"We weren't supposed to have a winning season, but we do. We weren't supposed to advance to the playoffs, but we did. We're not supposed to be here, but we are."

This team went on to win the state championship game.

We at Harmony Acres feel like we are in the playoffs, and we are preparing hard for the championship game. We are making progress as we work through much paperwork and writing of documents, but we need your continued prayer for strength and tenacity to do the hard work that is required...and face our giants...

...but the reward is worth it.  

This game is won when we are prepared and equipped to care for kids that are hurting and hopeless, and able to welcome them through our doors!

We are a team and we will win as we work together and trust God with all our hearts and like the coach said to his team:

"I want God to bless this team so much people will talk about what He did. But that means we gotta give Him our best in every area. And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him. Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes. So I'm askin' you... What are you living for? I resolve to give God everything I've got, then I'll leave the results to Him. I want to know if you'll join me."


We want you to join us on this adventure. This is a ministry faith and our perspective is like the Coach's wife after the championship game was won:


"Now you tell me Coach Taylor...What is impossible when God is on your side?"


Our resounding answer is NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD!

As we prepare, we think often of the dream of rescuing hurting kids and bringing them into a safe place where they can heal, and we can relate to the words of Coach Taylor's wife in the movie when she was longing to have children of her own, but was not able to at that time:

"Grant, I'm still clinging to a hope that one day we'll have children. I imagine them running in this house. I hear them playing in the backyard. Or running to our bed in a thunderstorm. And I think about reading them stories and teaching them songs. And I just keep thinking...

...how can I miss someone so much that I have never met?"


We are passionate about what we are doing more than anything we've ever been involved with. We are just begging God to let this dream come together soon and help us with the mountain of things that looks so daunting, so we can help these kids as soon as possible. We can't believe how much our hearts are hurting to help these kids we don't even know yet.

Sometimes we feel like there is a team of Giants in our way, at least a giant hill to climb before us and in our small insignificance we relate to yet another quote from the movie:

Assistant Coach: So basically we got the toughest schedule we ever had. And less talent we ever had...
Coach Grant Taylor: I'm so sick of average seasons.


We have determined not to be satisfied with average or normal anymore.

We do not expect anything average from God, but something EXCEPTIONAL!!


No comments:

Post a Comment